Indydebi!?! :(

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 28 May 2010 , 4:31pm by GenGen

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 31

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

I've been away too long!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
What has happened with IndyDebi!? She retired!? Why wasn't I notified? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif But I am very sad right now. My sister is getting married next year and I am traveling down to Indianapolis this weekend and thought I might stop by to see IndyDeby! icon_wink.gif buuuut...I emailed first right now and got an auto response that her place is permanently closed then checked her website icon_cry.gif oh why now!? lol

So, When did this happen? icon_lol.gif

For those of you that don't know me...I am not being selfish, just a little shocked. I am actually very happy for Debi as it seems like she is doing something she loves icon_biggrin.gif It is sooo great! Congrats Debi! thumbs_up.gif

30 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 31

Yep, Debi closed up shop and is now working on a degree to teach the youth of today about the youth of yester-year (aka History!) icon_lol.gif

You can still PM her here, she checks CC a minimum of 85,000 times a day, so no worries. thumbs_up.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 31

I just came back too. I have been gone from the forums soooo long! It has been fun seeing familiar faces again. Debi does have a lovely new photo on her profile! And still all that wonderful no nosense advice and "verbage"!! icon_biggrin.gif

step0nmi Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 31

omg this is so funny icon_lol.gif glad I'm not the only one icon_biggrin.gif

I hope she see's my post icon_wink.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 31

We just PM'd so she's lurking somewhere.

cakeville82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeville82 Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:11am
post #6 of 31

did I miss something? who's Indydebi?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:36am
post #7 of 31

cakeville, are you kidding? She's the Forum Matriarch, that's who.

sheesh.

redheadfairy2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redheadfairy2003 Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:39am
post #8 of 31

I love her buttercream ! It's awsome !

step0nmi Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:08am
post #9 of 31

oh i love the way this thread went icon_lol.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:27am
post #10 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeville82

LOLLLL - oh just someone who flits in and out occassionally icon_lol.gif and has decided that there is so much more to cram into her life - besides being a Mother Wife and Chief Bottle Washer.
Oh hang on, thats me - the chief bottle washer. icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Bluehue

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:29am
post #11 of 31

Actually I can't believe she hasn't seen this yet. I think she gets an automatic ding when new messages appear....but seriously she is getting really lazy...she works all night at the hotel and then goes home and SLEEPS all day...lol...then when school is in session she finds time to attend classes...what kind of a life is that???

step0nmi Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:32am
post #12 of 31

works at a Hotel!? icon_surprised.gif

CakeRN Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:39am
post #13 of 31

yeah she closed the shop due to health issues and got a job working night shift at a local hotel. She has the freedom to study which helps too.

step0nmi Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:40am
post #14 of 31

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif WOW!!! THIS IS ALL NEWS TO ME! Can someone direct me to a public post icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif i'm sooo confused icon_redface.gif

CakeRN Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:46am
post #15 of 31

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-663010.html

I think this is the topic that explains it all

step0nmi Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:48am
post #16 of 31

Thank you icon_smile.gif

cakeville82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeville82 Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:10am
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

sheesh.

Sorry I read the Terms and Conditions when I signed up (note the absence of my photos) and no where in it did it state I was required to know this.

CakeRN Posted 28 May 2010 , 5:46am
post #18 of 31

cakeville....you are so new you wouldn't know about Indydebi so don't sweat it. She went viral on cake central years ago and had so many posts that they (CC) actually had to make a new catagory for her since she had more posts than all of the cc's on the whole site... icon_surprised.gif
Seriously though she had a shop at the time and offered (offers still) sage advice on a myriad of topics.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:00am
post #19 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeville82

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

sheesh.

Sorry I read the Terms and Conditions when I signed up (note the absence of my photos) and no where in it did it state I was required to know this.

DON'T SWEAT IT ..... icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 May 2010 , 6:38am
post #20 of 31

you guys are so funny. Sometimes I feel like a vampire anymore ..... Even on days that I have a 'normal' schedule, my body clock won't let me sleep at night ..... I actually went to bed at about 10:00 tonight .... woke up at 2:30, wide awake, which had been pretty normal lately!

It's pretty bad when I know the whole TV lineup between midnight and 6:00 a.m. but can't tell you anything about prime time!

It is a nice quiet time to get some studying done, though.

And yes, night hotel work is IDEAL for someone taknig a full time class load .... very flexible with a schedule that changes every semester!

cakeville, dont' let them tease you too bad. This is an awesome community and it won't be long before you feel like one of the siblings .... complete with the love (and the bickering!) that all siblings have in a family! thumbs_up.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 28 May 2010 , 8:02am
post #21 of 31

i've been up till 1:30 lately with cake related projects

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 28 May 2010 , 8:14am
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

i've been up till 1:30 lately with cake related projects

Isn't life *grand* being a *caker* icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Altho it is soooo quiet at that time - no phone ringing - no one knocking at your door - no where is xxxx - no have you got a spare minute - i love it - all i hear are the magpies in the gum trees calling.
- just perfect. thumbs_up.gif
I would rather 1.30am to 1.30pm.

Bluehue

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:53pm
post #23 of 31

I spit out my coffee when I read "Who is IndyDebi" I assumed everyone knew that....but, I am a CC addict, so that it explains that. Even my husband knows IndyDebi, LOL!!! You will know her soon enough, cakeville!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:56pm
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mim1106

Even my husband knows IndyDebi, LOL!!!

lol, and i thought i was the only one with family/friends not on CC, but still know who IndyDebi is icon_smile.gif glad to know it's not just me!

mykidscakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mykidscakemaker Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:14pm
post #25 of 31

Even my husband knows IndyDebi, LOL!!!

LOL I recently got a comment on one of my cakes from IndyDebi, and I was all, I. Have. Arrived!! LOL... I had to explain my excitement to my husband. Now he'll say, "I bet indyDebi would do this, or that...." LOL... love me some indyDebi icon_smile.gif

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:18pm
post #26 of 31

Indydeb: go for it! and more power to you! Life is too short to not keep learning and do what you enjoy. My hat is off to you. thumbs_up.gif Although I'm sure your edibles will be sorely missed. thumbsdown.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:21pm
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugalips

Indydeb: go for it! and more power to you! Life is too short to not keep learning and do what you enjoy. My hat is off to you. thumbs_up.gif Although I'm sure your edibles will be sorely missed. thumbsdown.gif

Well, I spend a lot of time explaining to my friends, "No .... I CAN'T sell you a cake. No ..... I CAN'T accept money just for ingredients!" icon_lol.gif But kids/grandkids birthdays, co-workers, and taking cookies/brownies into my classmates keeps me busy in donation-time!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:55pm
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Quote:

Cakeville - First of all, welcome to CC! icon_biggrin.gif As you saw, Indydebi is the matriarch who lends a shoulder when needed and tells us to put on our big girl panties and deal with it when need be (but only after making sure we have that shoulder first). Anytime I see a post asking what to do, I look for Indydebi's or Leah's response. They both look out for us and give us a backbone when we need it. They have taught me to stand up for myself and my work and in a roundabout way in other aspects of life. If you ever feel that you are being walked on or being asked to do too much, just look up Indydebi or Leah in the forums. They will give you the voice you need. (Plus, as an added bonus, they can both can be pretty funny. icon_smile.gif)

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 28 May 2010 , 3:57pm
post #29 of 31

LOL!! icon_lol.gif I just saw that under Indydebi's name that it does actually say "Forum Matriarch". thumbs_up.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 28 May 2010 , 4:29pm
post #30 of 31

I agree.... IndyDebi and Leah are my Simon Cowell (sp?) on cake central... I value their input because they don't sugar coat it.... they tell you what you need to hear... it might not make you happy if u r looking for a pity party... but when they say something... you listen.... it's true sound advise and these days that's hard to come by...

just the other day I saw a newbie post something that truly needed some constructive criticism and there were like 15 posts saying what a great job it was... when we know it just wasn't...
I would rather you tell me it's NOT GOOD ENOUGH and push me to do it right than you tell me ... it's perfect and me look like a fool with a piece of work that will have people talking behind my back....

Honorable mentions:

Blakes...
Edna...
Rylan...
TexasSugar...

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%