What Do You Use For Edible Flower Stamens?

Lounge By KayMc Updated 29 May 2010 , 12:58pm by KayMc

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 8

I've been using non-edible stamens, and I want to know what you use in order to make them edible.

7 replies
tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 8

I'm looking forward to answer as well!

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 8

I use dry vermicelli and dye it with some food coloring. Sometimes I stick cormeal to it to make "pollen."

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 8

I use royal icing, but the dry vermicilli sounds like a great idea!

Katie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie1985 Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:09pm
post #5 of 8

i used non-edible stamens for the first time yesterday and while I was making them I was thinking what a terrible idea that is!!! I cant imagine trying to explain they are not edible to my family who thinks everything on a cake should be eaten!!!! Or worrying about a kid eating them. Im so glad you started this thread!!! Can you expand on how you use the royal icing and the dry vermicilli sounds ? thanks

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 8

THANK YOU!! because I try to make them from fondant/gumpaste and have to make dozens to get ONE to work. LOL and glueing them is HARD!

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 8

I use dried vermicelli too!! Or spagettini, or whatever I have on hand. Instead of dying them, I dip in coloured chocolate. I figured if someone ended up eating them, they'd never know it was uncooked pasta if it was chocolate covered! I used to use chow mein noodles, but I can no longer find the really skinny ones anymore!

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 29 May 2010 , 12:58pm
post #8 of 8

I couldn't find where this post was moved to, and just located it. I will try that dipped in chocolate. Great idea! thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%