Baby Shower Cake For Surrogate

Decorating By onemissa Updated 31 May 2010 , 2:06pm by jayarr

onemissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onemissa Posted 27 May 2010 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 6

My sister-in-law is having a baby for her sister and husband because they can't have kids together. Well, I'm making the baby shower cake for the couple and I thought about doing something separate & special for the sister that is carrying the baby. I would really love to hear ideas on what kind of cake that would be appropriate and does this seem weird. TIA!!

5 replies
marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 6

Wow that is such a selfless thing to do (Hers I mean! icon_biggrin.gif) Yours is a very nice thought too! icon_smile.gif I would talk to the sisters though and see what they think and what they would like to see. It seems like it could be complicated....

But maybe I am totally wrong on that.

LOL- Did you ever see the friends episode where they threw the baby shower for Phoebe when she was surrogate pregnant with her brother's children. It was so funny but came out really bad in the end! Someone gave her leather pants! LOL icon_smile.gif

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 6

What a wonderful thing your sister in law is doing!! That takes a very strong person, especially a relative. Sounds like they have a wonderful amazing relationship!

I wouldn't do a baby shower cake for the surrogate, maybe something very pretty as a "Thank You" or a "You're Special" cake.

onemissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onemissa Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both so much for replying. I've been thinking about it and I think I am going to talk to the non-pregnant sister about possibly having a party for the pregnant sister after the baby is born. Kind of like a big "Thank You" for doing something really amazing. That way the parties are two totally separate events. Oh, and I have seen that Friends episode. Way funny, but that would suck for it to turn into a disaster. Again, thanks!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 6

I really like that idea onemissa!!

jayarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayarr Posted 31 May 2010 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 6

Onemissa, that was a wonderful idea , I also like it my self ! thanks for the great share !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%