Air Bubbles In Fondant

Baking By noyhoward Updated 27 May 2010 , 5:50pm by noyhoward

noyhoward Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 3

Hi I need help with my MMF.My fondant have lot of air bubbles in it & this have never happen to me before.When I pick it up it's very stretchy to the poit where it would tear.Please help b/c this cake is due 2morrow.TIA
Noy

2 replies
cakesrock Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 3

I had the same problem, then found out from another helpful ccer, that I was heating my marshmallows too much. You should only heat 40 sec, then stir very well, then another 20-40 secs. Less is more in this case. And lots of stirring to melt them towards the end. They are getting overheated. Heat as little as possible.
Also, let them cool a couple mins before you add the icing sugar. I tried this and no more air bubbles. Also, watch out if you re-heat in the microwave - same thing will happen. Heat as little as possible..

In the meantime, add more icing sugar for the stretchiness and work out the air bubbles as much as possible with kneading. Then you can pop any remaining ones with a little sterilized pin. Then try to cover the imperfections with decorations, if possible. That is what I did! Good luck!
HTH!

noyhoward Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much!I'll try it again & use a pin for air bubbles.Thanks!
Noy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%