Largest Glass Pan? (Cat Litterbox?)

Lounge By AmandaLP Updated 29 May 2010 , 10:22pm by dldbrou

AmandaLP Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:02am
post #1 of 9

Anyone know what the largest glass pan size is? Or the largest ceramic roasting pan?

Semi cake related, but not really. My cat is allergic to plastic, and I am attempting to find a non plastic litter box. (Outside is not an option). I think metal pans would rust, so, glass or ceramic might work.

But, the largest glass pan I found was 11x15, which is a tiny litterbox! Anyone know of larger sizes?

An alternative that I thought would work would be disposable aluminum type pans. Steam table pans?

I am out of ideas!

(I got my cat from a house that was plastic free except for the litter box. so, we are thinking that the box may be the problem.)

8 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 27 May 2010 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 9

Have you tried a large foil roasting pan? They come pretty big, and have the added advantage of being disposable.

DianeLM Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 9

I don't think I'd use a disposable foil tray. First, many cats don't like the feeling or sound of foil. But, my main concern would be the possibility that she would tear it with her claws and then cut herself on the raw edge.

So far, I'm liking the steam tray idea. Will keep thinking...

dldbrou Posted 27 May 2010 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 9

What about using a terra cotta tray. Here is a link to explain.

shooterstrigger Posted 29 May 2010 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 9

they sell disposable cardboard litter boxes. My sis had to use them when she was pregnant. They come with the litter in them and you rip the top off.

Texas_Rose Posted 29 May 2010 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 9

I used the foil ones when I was pregnant, so I could just toss them out instead of trying to change it (DH did not do litter boxes icon_biggrin.gif ). Sammycat had really strong legs but never tore through the foil.

Doug Posted 29 May 2010 , 9:36pm
post #8 of 9

terra cotta will soak up any liquids not retained by the litter and would soon become a stinky mess -- avoid!

ceramic would have to be very well glazed and no cracks in glaze -- or again will soak up liquids.

dldbrou Posted 29 May 2010 , 10:22pm
post #9 of 9

I would use polyurethane spray to coat the terra cotta to seal it so that it would not soak up any liquids.

Quote by @%username% on %date%