Airbrush Cleaner Ingredients?

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 28 May 2010 , 2:43pm by sweetcakes

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:40am
post #1 of 10

Does anyone have a bottle of airbrush cleaner to tell me whatit lists as ingredients?

9 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:44am
post #2 of 10

sorry I cant give you a list of ingredients.

But if you are needing to clean out your airbrush.. I use water to clean out the coloring etc.. Then run EVERCLEAR through it, because it will sterilize and dry the needle out immediately.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 10

Are you sure you want to know icon_lol.gif ?? My bottle of airbrush cleaner contains:

water, STPP, Sodium Silicate, EDTA sulfonates, coloring dye & lemon fragrance.

Looks and smells like that familiar glass cleaner....

I'm with Tesso - I clean with water first and then run vodka or everclear through....

sweetcakes Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 10

yes, i agree i too use water to clean my airbrush. No i was thinking of a last attempt to clean my printer head. If it can be used in an airbrush then surely it can be used for this. Even though my Epson is still under warranty i have used non epson inks which voids the warranty. so any attempt i do to fix it is better then nothing. If anything i will put the original cartridges in and then call EPson.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 10

Ditto on the clear water, then everclear. If I am using the "pearled" colors, I flush the brush out every 3 fills while I am using it to keep it from clogging too. Clean it EVERYTIME you use it and it will last a long time!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 10

Icingimages stated in another thread you can use a steamer to clean it.

iletmn0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iletmn0 Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:00am
post #7 of 10

Airbrush cleaner is just Windex.

sweetcakes Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:39am
post #8 of 10

i fixed my epson and its working great, im so happy!!! i only used water so if anyone else has trouble with theres let me know. You cant use a steamer on an epson as the head is fixed in the printer on a track.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:53am
post #9 of 10

How did you clean it with water? Mine hasn't clogged but just in case it does.

sweetcakes Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:43pm
post #10 of 10

there are some great youtube videos that show how, using a cleaner fluid, since i couldn;t use that i used water. The key to preventing the heads from blocking is printing regularly, so i will from now on print a small picture on regular paper each week, i have a butterfly pattern that has all colours in it. Anyway you need some small tubing and a syringe, cost me a grand total of $1.50, and a roll or two of paper towels. It was messy and took in all probably about 4-5 hrs messing with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%