How Do You Make Daisy With Stems

Decorating By linstead Updated 30 May 2010 , 11:30pm by marthajo1

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 26 May 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone have some helpful hints on making daisies that can stand up in the flower pot? (i.e. with stems) Wired somehow but not use how to do this. Pinkcakebox has a cake like like that I would like to make something similar. Any ideas would be appreciated.

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:36am
post #2 of 5

Sure... you can start by bending a small hook on the end of your floral wire with needle-nose pliers. Add your flower base on the hooked end. Attach your daisy onto the base.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:41am
post #3 of 5

If they are big head daisies like Gerber - they have fat stems anyway so you could totally build them on a skewer or a thick wire like metal clothes hanger wire....

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 30 May 2010 , 2:39am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the tips both of you. Marthajo - Love your Tulare County Fair cake. Hope you did win a ribbon - great details on that cake!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by linstead

Thanks for the tips both of you. Marthajo - Love your Tulare County Fair cake. Hope you did win a ribbon - great details on that cake!

Thank you! I did- yay! Got 1st place in division and sweepstakes and Best of show!! one small ribbon, one honking big ribbon and a trophy! icon_razz.gif

I was excited! No I just need to enter again! LOL..... but I am nervous to beat myself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%