Great Flavored Extracts

Baking By korean Updated 26 May 2010 , 10:28pm by JanH

korean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korean Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 6

Ok- I have posted this question before but am hoping this one will generate more responses.
I would love to use quality flavored extracts for my icing that leaves the recipe white. The wilton flavors have an artificial taste that I can not stand.
Please help-

5 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 6

From what I've seen most artifical extracts are clear, the pure ones generally have some type of color. I just use white color gel or Wilton's white (comes in a bottle) to brighten up my icings. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 6

You can also use Lorann oils. You only need a tiny bit, and really no color.
www.Lorannoils.com They have butter, vanilla, and basic fruit flavors, etc

HTH

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 6

Oh, I can help you there! thumbs_up.gif I am glad I decided to take a quick "CC Mental Break". icon_lol.gif

After reading that Cook's Illustrated rated the all-natural Coconut Flavoring from Spices Etc. their #1 choice for coconut flavorings/extracts, I have tried that along with many others with excellent results. It adds such a fun dimension to my decorated cookies. My daughter is a budding baker and we have also used them in very successfully in fondant, buttercream, cakes, cupcakes, etc.

I was doing the happy dance when I tried their all-natural Clear Vanilla and use it so much I buy it by the quart. It adds a nice subtle flavor without adding color as you would with normal vanilla and as I only use all-natural flavorings for a pure taste, this was perfect for me.

I am a big fan of their products. If you need it, here is a link to the page on their all-natural flavorings and extracts:

www.spicesetc.com/category/Natural-Flavorings/a

As well, here are the codes for a first time order:

CC9 flat rate shipping of $4.95 for orders within the US only
AKT9 15% for US or international orders (discount taken before shipping costs)

Choose the one code that applies to you or what you want and enter it at the beginning of checkout and then continue on.

The Flat Rate shipping will be the first option for shipping under the billing information and the 15% off will show up when looking at the summary.

I have told a lot of my baking friends about their all-natural flavorings/extracts and have only heard good things. I myself have used, and liked, Coconut, Lime, Orange, Cherry, Lemon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Two Fold Vanilla, Raspberry and, of course, their Clear Vanilla. I like to use one flavor in the base and another in the frosting. It is fun to mix and match flavors. They are coming out with some new flavors and I am eagerly awaiting them.

Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif Now back to work I go!

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 6

Another suggestion is www.amoretti.com

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 May 2010 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 6

Since we're listing sources for flavorings/extracts, etc.:

http://www.nationalflavors.com/

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%