Looking For A Small Batch Of Buttercream

Baking By kmdrysdale Updated 27 May 2010 , 8:39pm by leily

kmdrysdale Posted 26 May 2010 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a lion and i just need enough buttercream for the mane and tail tuff, Is there a small batch that i could make??? I need it to be a crusting buttercream, or any ideas on recipes i can do a mane with? I will be using my grass tip.

5 replies
slsharratt Posted 26 May 2010 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 6

just mix shortening and PS in a 1:2 ratio with a smige of meringue powder and a tad of water. add more water if its too thick, add more PS if its too thin.

TexasSugar Posted 26 May 2010 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 6

1 cup shortening
1lb powder sugar
3-4T water
flavoring

That will make about 2.5 cups.

If you need less you can always do 1/2 cup shortening, about 2 cups powder sugar and 1-2 tablespoons water plus the flavoring.

You can also always free buttercream, so if you don't need it all this time around you can save it for another use later on when you need just a bit more. icon_smile.gif

slsharratt Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 6

you need it to be pretty thin/loose to push through the grass tip, but not quite runny.

KHalstead Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 6

buttercream lasts a while, why not make a full batch and hang on to the rest so the next time you need some you don't have to make it?? Can freeze it for almost FOREVER too!!

leily Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 6

can you just divide your qty's for one batch by 1/2 or 1/4 if you don't want a full batch?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%