Success Story!

Decorating By JohnnyCakes1966 Updated 26 May 2010 , 6:27pm by KrissieCakes

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 8

After posting about a baking disaster, I hope you'll let me pat myself on the back about a success.

Being a new baker in town (I'm new to the area and starting over....If you have a successful business, don't ever move!) icon_cry.gif Anyway...I'm working hard to build my customer base (as we all are!). So I baked cupcakes for a local women's tennis league's annual luncheon yesterday. The host just emailed me to say they were a huge hit and absolutely MADE the luncheon. And the best news is....she went on to say, "Several members asked for your contact information, and if talk around the room is any indication, you can expect many orders from our members in the future." Whew!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
Minstrelmiss Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 8

Yeah! Congratulations! thumbs_up.gif

CWIL Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 8

onemissa Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 8

That's awesome!! Where is your business? I live really close to St. Louis.

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks everyone!

onemissa - I work out of a church's kitchen. And let me tell ya...THAT was a success all in itself! I thought I'd never find a commercial kitchen to work out of!! Where do you live?

onemissa Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 8

I live in Alton, IL just right across the river. Not really too far from St. Louis. Any time we want to do any shopping or do something fun we go there.

ATCakes Posted 26 May 2010 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 8

Congratulations!! That is so awesome!!

KrissieCakes Posted 26 May 2010 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 8

Congrats JohnnyCakes! So glad you found somewhere to work out of! I would love to do that someday!

Quote by @%username% on %date%