Texture Technique

Decorating By rebew10 Updated 31 May 2010 , 4:52am by debster

rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 7

Correct me if I am wrong, but does this look like a spatula was pulled up on the sides to get this look?? An individual gave me this picture to have her cake match it. Thanks in advance!

http://www.oncewed.com/8448/wedding-blog/diy-wedding/diy-tree-pedestal-cake-stand/

6 replies
sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 7

I think that you can use a spatula or a butter knife to make this look. I would take the knife and just pull it straight up, continue until you are sone with the whole cake. Hope this helps.

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 7

There was a thread about texture yesterday you might look for that. I think you are right about using a spatula.

If I made this cake it would look like I just couldn't get my icing smooth, but here it looks artistic - go figure.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 7

I do this on some cakes. some clients love this look. Yes, use spatula and pull up. At least , that is what i do.hth

rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:29am
post #5 of 7

Thanks everyone! I was quite happy with the design given......don't have to worry about smoothing any of it!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:27am
post #6 of 7

it also looke like they pulled the spatula straight out off the cake to make it more textured.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 31 May 2010 , 4:52am
post #7 of 7

Yep straight up with the spatula, I did one last year like that. Felt weird. The picture isn't the greatest it's the 1st page 2nd row.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%