I Need Everyones Ideas Please

Decorating By sgirvan Updated 26 Feb 2005 , 12:15am by tcturtleshell

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 6:09am
post #1 of 8

I have a request to do a cake to serve at least 60 people and it is for a guy who has been 1 year clean from Narcotics - any ideas as to a good theme without being corny?

Thanks Shayla

7 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 6:12am
post #2 of 8

Gosh, that's a hard one... What a wonderful acomplishment!! thumbs_up.gif
If I come up with something I'll let you know~ Good luck! I'm sure you'll come up with something!

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 8

NA progams are big on "coins/mediallions that signify them being clean and sober.

here is a link to the mediallion:
http://www.na.org/catalog/tags.htm

perhaps a cake with mediallion on it and just saying something like congratualtions on your on your one year anniversary.

or a cake with the serenity prayer on it. That is what a recovery addict live each day by..

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 8

What a great accomplishment!

How about relating it to a "twelve step" theme....but make each step decorated for a different "month"...to symbolize a drug free "year"! The cake could be like stepping stones or built up to make a stairway!

Hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 8

Love it!!

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 25 Feb 2005 , 1:16am
post #6 of 8

I would just say "Great Job - his name" or "We are proud of you" with his name and just decorate in masculane colors. I think they will appreciate they great tasting cake and you will get your point across instead of bringing too much reminder of being off narcotics.

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 25 Feb 2005 , 6:04am
post #7 of 8

Hey guys,

I actually found out that it is his 8 yr anniversary icon_eek.gif so I have come up with making 2 10 inch double layer round cakes and placing them beside each other to form the number 8. the top circle I am going to do a b/c transfer with the narcotics anonymous logo done and some flowers around it then the bottom circle will say congratulations Darren on your 8 years of being clean and strong and some more type of flowers. It will all be done in roayl blue and white as that is the colors of the n/a logo. I am doing it tomorrow and will post pictures once I am done.

Thanks for the help
Shayla

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 12:15am
post #8 of 8

That sounds great! Even if it was a year of being free from drugs I would have made a BIG deal about it!! 8 years!! Wow!!! Can't wait to see your pictures~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%