Air Brush Colors Turned ....why?

Decorating By dogwood Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm by dogwood

dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 3

I bought 3 colors of airbrush colors thinking I would mix colors to get the color I want. I bought the basics, yellow, blue and red. This past weekend I had an order for a GI Joe cake that they wanted an emerald green color for background and then yellow highlight coming from behind the edible image. So I mixed my blue and yellow color until it came out the color I wanted (tested on papertowels along the way). I sprayed the cake and it looked great, left it to dry and then came back to put on the finishing details and the cake was now a camoflauge color!!! icon_cry.gif I tried to fix it by spraying just yellow over it and it just got darker. Anybody have any ideas as to why this happened and what to do to prevent this in the future?

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 May 2010 , 2:07am
post #2 of 3

My colors change once they have had a chance to sink in and dry..My lavender sprays really light blue but darkens and turn to light purple.It is just the way the hues dry.I would say next time use the exact color you want.I have several different greens from Aqua to grass green and each looks different.

dogwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogwood Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 3

Anybody else have any thoughts on this dilema? icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%