Help In Making A Carousel Cake

Decorating By metweety6 Updated 26 May 2010 , 4:58pm by marthajo1

metweety6 Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 4

HELP!!!! I just got a last minute order on a carousel cake.
I don't have anything to make it move thumbsdown.gif .
but oh well.
I am going out today to get cookie cutter for the horses.
Just need Ideas on what size pans i should use.
how to stack it and everything i guess.
sorry this is a very last minute and i really wanted to make one of these.
any tips and ideas would be helpful. and who knows maybe on my journey i will find something to make my cake rotate but i am not holding my breath.. any help would be awesome
I am having a brain freeze and can't think haha
cake is due saturday afternoon. and if i get cracking i can be done by friday night.

3 replies
cakesbymark Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 4

you might be best served to purchase the wilton carousel cake topper
since you really dont have alot of time to do this

respectablecakes Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 4

The easy way but time consuming would be make the bottom of the carousel cake of cake 2 small layers then use thin round rods to put the horses on and it would hold the top piece of it up which would be made out of cake. Make it like a cone shape put a flag on top. The horses when u put them on the rods make sure they r opposite from each other make on higher then the other. add a sled to add alil different accent so itll look like a real carousel. How to make it spin would be find a motor that has a screw or something in the middle so it will spin and put that on a board then put ur cake board on top of that. But the real problem would be finding a big motor that would hold that weight and keep it spinning. to decorate the outside of the carousel is just to get a pic of it offline and just go by that and add ur little details to personalize it.

marthajo1 Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 4

I would make the cake the size of your cheap wilton turntable and put it on that at the party. then it could be manually turned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%