Tigger And Sushi In One Cake Design?

Decorating By kathik Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 1:32pm by kathik

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:59am
post #1 of 12

So my son's 18th b-day is next month and I've been wanting to do one of those cute sushi cakes for him. But, now my daughter wants to add a Tigger (like from Winnie the Pooh). It was his nickname when he was little and she's starting using it for him lately. Since this cake is for family, and therefore won't really embarass him, I'd like to find a way to incorporate it.

I think Tigger as a waiter serving sushi would be cute, but I just can't figure out how to translate the idea into cake. Any ideas???

TIA,
Kathi

11 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 26 May 2010 , 10:47am
post #2 of 12

What about making the cake a table for making sushi and Tigger can be standing behind it making the sushi?

Kathi (also)

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 12

have you seen those high end sushi restaurants where they serve the sushi on the body of a naked lady? maybe Tigger could be lying on his back with the sushi being served off of him?

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 12

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 27 May 2010 , 12:21pm
post #5 of 12

You could just put Tigger near the sushi and maybe a speech bubble, "It's what Tiggers love best!!" (I'm a HUGE Tigger fan, and he always gets excited and says he loves things best, even if he's never done it before. Usually, something bad happens and he says, "It's NOT what Tiggers love best!")

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 May 2010 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 12

Well
heh, heh
I have a strange sense of humor
and
well
I was thinking of that "Finding Nemo" sushi where they make the sushi out of Nemo?
icon_redface.gif Tigger sushi?

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 27 May 2010 , 9:03pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Well
heh, heh
I have a strange sense of humor
and
well
I was thinking of that "Finding Nemo" sushi where they make the sushi out of Nemo?
icon_redface.gif Tigger sushi?

LOL! I thought the same thing but you are much braver than me for saying it! LOL

I think a bouncy tigger on his tail near the plate of sushi with tigger holding a sushi (maybe a CA roll). Obviously would be out of proportion with each other..... but could be cute!

kathik Posted 30 May 2010 , 12:28am
post #8 of 12

Thanks for all the ideas!

marthajo1 and 7yyrt- I must have missed that "Nemo Sushi" so I looked it up and it is hysterical!! My son would probably appreciate the Tigger Sushi, although my daughter wouldn't at all!!! (Hmmmm...I could give him a laugh and frustrate his sister at the same time. There might not be a better b-day gift! icon_lol.gif)

emrldsky- If I do the above maybe I can put a little speech bubble next to his head saying "This is NOT what Tiggers love best".

crystalina1977- I never heard of anyplace serving sushi from a naked lady. I'm not the one into sushi, my son is- wait icon_eek.gif , maybe that's why he's into it! At anyrate, that is a cute idea.

kaat- Hi! I didn't know there were any other Kathis spelled with an I on here! That's a good idea, too. I have been working on a plan to have a 3d Tigger holding a sushi tray, but I like the idea of him making it, like maybe rolling up one of those seaweed roll things. (Sorry all, I really know nothing about sushi except it has raw fish-yech! I need to try some vegetarian sushi and see if I like that better.)

Okay, well I'm going to "bounce" the Tigger Sushi idea off my husband tonight and see what he thinks.

Thanks all,
Kathi

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:17am
post #9 of 12

Sushi-making Tigger, sounds great!!!

Just wanted to let you know that not all sushi rolls contain raw fish. In fact, sushi is merely rice topped with other ingredients(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi). icon_smile.gif

There's always shrimp tempura rolls, which is shrimp fried in tempura batter. It's cooked and YUMMY! icon_wink.gif Most often, sushi places will have listed in the ingredients for the roll whether or not the meat is cooked.

kathik Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:18am
post #10 of 12

Hi all. I decided to go with Tigger Sushi and posted the finished cake today. Thanks again for all the input and ideas! He loved it! You can take a look here: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1723477.html

Kathi

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 1:17pm
post #11 of 12

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA gasp HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wheeze hahahahahaha... wiping tears... giggle

kathik Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 1:32pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks 7yyrt! I haven't decided whose reaction I liked better, my son who laughed and thought it was great, or my daughter, hands on hips, filled with indignation!

Thanks for the great idea!

Kathi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%