Foil Cupcake Papers

Baking By jolmk Updated 27 May 2010 , 3:32pm by LindaF144a

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:10am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,
I just got an order for 250 cupcakes, they want to use red and silver foil cups. I have the cups, they are foil outside with paper inside, I have never used this type before. I have used the type that doesn't have the paper inside. Do I need to worry about the cup separating from the cupcake? How about cupcake pans some say you don't need them, which way is better cupcake pan or sheet pan. Thanks for any help.

5 replies
Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #2 of 6

I use the pan, the liners don't separate they do however cook faster

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:25am
post #3 of 6

I prefer the paper lined ones over the foil only because I've had the foil ones hold on so tenaciously that I had to peel it off in strips---YUCK!

I have never had the paper lined foil cups separate from the cupcakes.

Rae

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 26 May 2010 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the replies,

I don't care for the foil either. Can these be frozen and thawed ok?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 6

definitely use them in a cupcake pan or else you run the risk of some of them looking like ovals instead of circles! Also, I LOVE the ones that are foil outside paper inside (one piece) they don't separate from the cupcakes and peel off nicely!1

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolmk

Hi everyone,
I just got an order for 250 cupcakes, they want to use red and silver foil cups. I have the cups, they are foil outside with paper inside, I have never used this type before. I have used the type that doesn't have the paper inside. Do I need to worry about the cup separating from the cupcake? How about cupcake pans some say you don't need them, which way is better cupcake pan or sheet pan. Thanks for any help.

I have only used the Reynolds foil cupcakes. On the package it says to discard the paper liner and use the foil only, so I did. I have had no problems using them that way. Actually I didn't discard them, I used them separately. icon_wink.gif

I have also baked cupcakes with the foil liners on a cookie sheet. I got circle cupcakes, not ovals.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%