One Cake For Grandma And Grandson Birthday

Decorating By Skidoochic Updated 26 May 2010 , 11:31pm by kimblyd

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 25 May 2010 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 5

Need some ideas. I have an order for a sheet cake for a grandma and grandson who share the same birthday. The boy is going to be 15 and grandma 75. I am thinking just a general celebration with confetti and bright colors, but...

Any other decorating ideas come to mind?

4 replies
marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 5

Do they have anything in common besides grandma and grandson?

Does she like to knit and he plays basket ball.... alternate balls of string and basketballs on the side of the cake and on top have a ball of yarn going into a basketball net with the tails of the yarn spelling their names.

Or maybe she likes soaps and he loves x-box.... Have an x-box controller all covered with bubbles and sitting next to a bar of soap.....

LOL.......

You could also do her "side" in pastel pretty colors and his in bold colors. Then have them meet in the middle and merge together.....

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 5

My son is having a birthday party with a female friend and they want one cake also. He asked me to do a sheet cake and make one side Ninja Turtles for him and other pretty pink princess for her. They are both turning 19... icon_confused.gif

Oh well, I think it will be cute.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 5

Kim- I think you should make pretty pink princess turtles! icon_biggrin.gif

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 5

I'm just the person to do something like that....maybe one turtle could be "crossing the line" onto the princess side....they would LOVE that!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%