Fat Daddios Or Magic Line?

Decorating By snocilla Updated 25 May 2010 , 5:54pm by jammjenks

snocilla Posted 25 May 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 9

I'm looking to buy some new pans. I have mostly Wilton now, but I want to get some better ones. Do you all recommend Fat Daddios or Magic Line? It looks like Magic Line is a little more expensive. Are they really any better, or should I just go with the Fat Daddios?

8 replies
Musings9 Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 9

I was a little skeptical about the quality initially because of the name but I must say, Fat Daddio's is great. I have never had a problem with them.

gramof5 Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 9

I love my Magic Line pans - beautiful, sharp-looking edges on any cake I bake in them!

carmijok Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 9

I love Fat Daddio's. Never had a problem with them. The sides are straight, they cook evenly and clean up is easy. Don't know if it's the pan or just my amazing ability thumbs_up.gif, but I've never had a cake stick. I get mine at bridgekitchenware.com and have been pretty pleased with the prices. We have a new cake supply store in town that carries them now too, so I'm excited about that. We used Magic Line in the bakery I worked for and Fat Daddio's and honestly I think Fat Daddio's is better--or at least equal too. thumbs_up.gif

leily Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 9

I like Magic line better, for a few different reasons.

1) The corners of the square are perfectly square (i know fat daddios are close, but they still have rounded from what I have seen)
2) The pans are truely made in America (not imported from over seas and sold by an american company)
3) I have seen to many "special" instructions to baking with Fat Daddios, supposedly they have to cook at a lower temperature and some other stuff, but I can bake as normal with my magic line pans, for whatever the recipe calls for.

leah_s Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 9

Absolutely Magic Line. They are the "gold standard" in the industry. Look to Amazon for deals.

And really, this topic has been debated to death.

MJ2008 Posted 25 May 2010 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 9

I've never used Fat Daddio's, but way back when I was buying my pans someone else had posted this and it seemed like there were far more complaints about Fat Daddio's (like browning too quickly), so I bought Magic Line. I don't think anybody could convince me to switch at this point. I love my Magic Line cake pans. When I was first looking I kept hearing how expensive they were, but Amazon has some really good deals on them, especially if you don't feel the need to buy everything you might need right now and just want to expand slowly.

snocilla Posted 25 May 2010 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone for your input! I'll see if I can find a good deal on the Magic Lines.

Sorry, Leah, I usually try to leave the dead horses alone! icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Posted 25 May 2010 , 5:54pm
post #9 of 9

I am slowly replacing all my pans with ML. I have two FD 9" round pans. While they are better than Wilton, I still prefer ML over them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%