Cupcake Bouquet - Skewers Coming Through

Baking By cloetzu Updated 26 May 2010 , 6:02am by cyntdondi

cloetzu Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 3

Yesterday made a cupcake bouquet (for the first time).... all was well until I put the cupcakes on the skewers and then into the 'pot' - the skewers kept coming up through the cupcakes and out the front/top once put into place?

The ones around the edge of the pot weren't so bad because they rested on the lip of the pot so didn't come up through all the way but the ones in the center did - I had to take them out and add more tissue paper underneath to hold them up - is there another way to deal with this issue or do you need to prop them up as I did?

2 replies
RetiredNavyChief Posted 25 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 3

That is the same problem i had, i found the plastic cup method works so much better. I cant remember who on here posted it. You use the cups that you get dressing in. trace the top of your pot, arrange the cups that will fit inside the circle. Hot glue them together and then after they have dried hot glue to the pot. They will form to the pot. If you want it to be sturdier, poke the tooth pics through the cups. I ve used this especially for transporting. Do a search on the cupcake forum for the boquets and you should find the thread that had the pictures for this method. Hope this helps.

cyntdondi Posted 26 May 2010 , 6:02am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredNavyChief

That is the same problem i had, i found the plastic cup method works so much better. I cant remember who on here posted it. You use the cups that you get dressing in. trace the top of your pot, arrange the cups that will fit inside the circle. Hot glue them together and then after they have dried hot glue to the pot. They will form to the pot. If you want it to be sturdier, poke the tooth pics through the cups. I ve used this especially for transporting. Do a search on the cupcake forum for the boquets and you should find the thread that had the pictures for this method. Hope this helps.

The dressing cups???are those the paper kind or the plastic kind and aren't those too small for the size of the cupcakes or would I be baking mimi cupcakes? thank you icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%