Has Anyone Tried Chef Duff's Fondant Yet.

Decorating By dweddings Updated 25 May 2010 , 1:22pm by charlene008

dweddings Posted 25 May 2010 , 9:43am
post #1 of 7

If anyone has tried it does it taste good? Does it roll out well?

6 replies
mamawrobin Posted 25 May 2010 , 11:53am
post #2 of 7

It is actually just another name brand product repackaged with his name on it. Can't remember which name brand though. I'll never buy it because the cost is way to $$$$$ for me.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:25pm
post #3 of 7

I think I read on another thread that it is Fondex.

I purchased the brown with a 50% coupon, so it cost me $10 for 2 lbs. For me, the price was fine that way since I don't have the time or energy right now to make my own. My local restaurant supply store sells 2 lbs of Satin Ice for $15, so this actually was $5 less, and much closer to my house. I only make cakes for family, so buying in smaller amounts is better for me.

It was chocolate flavored, like a Tootsie Roll. It was good but very soft. Maybe that's because of the chocolate. If I need brown, black, or red fondant, I would definitely buy again. (As long as I can use the 50% off coupon!)

LindaF144a Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 7

I just read that it is Fonderific. In fact there is another thread on this subject going on right now.

If you do a forum search for Duff fondant, you will see that it has been discussed. Possibly you can find an answer to your question there.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:58pm
post #5 of 7

I knew it was something starting with the letter F! I've never tried either one, so had not clue! Thanks for the correction.

Oh, I should also mention that I have heard that Duff has his name on two different brands of fondant, sold at different places. The one I bought was from Michaels. (I think the other brand might have been Satin Ice.)

PTBUGZY1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 7

I have tried Duff' buttercream flavoured white fondant. It tastes great is very soft and not white but a cream colour. It is expensive but with the coupon not to bad for me as I don't use alot of fondant. I did buy the red and black as those coulours are so hard to make but not tried them yet.

charlene008 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 7

I have not tried it yet myself, but since I need a brown fodant for a wedding cake coming up, I'm thinking that it would be easier than mixed to get the correct color. That would be the only way I would purchase it, for the colors, and of course with a Michaels coupon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%