Anybody Ever???

Decorating By rmbias1 Updated 26 May 2010 , 1:17pm by joaaaann

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 25 May 2010 , 10:00pm
post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

nah, it's white scratch cake w/ strawberry jello mix added!

That sounds like scratch to me! Does the strawberry jello not give the cake an artificial strawberry flavor?

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 25 May 2010 , 10:01pm
post #32 of 42

it's already in blocks like pre-made jelly, just melt it down with boiling water then let it set again. I'm pretty sure we do have the powered/crystal stuff here though, will have a looky when I next go shopping!!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:01am
post #33 of 42

those wanting to know how to search for topics, the easiest method ive found is not through CC, but through google... ahhhh google my love; is there anything you cant do?? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

if you go to google page, then click on "advance search" (google aust. it is to the right of the search bar)

then type in what you are looking for using the search headings, (i usually just use "all these words" but if your looking to be super specific, there are options for that too.. otherwise you can be lazy like me... hehehehe)
then right down the bottom, in "search within a domain or site" just write www . cakecentral . com (without spaces obviously)

sorry if i made that sound super complicated, but i promise its not.. im just shoddy when it comes to explaining things!!!

HTH.

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:31am
post #34 of 42

Noahsmummy... OMg u are right, many times I google after I've been searching here for a while, to then be redirected by google to CC.. So why do I keep searching in CC ? LOL

Another question to any one...
Is there a difference between freezing box mix or scratch batter ?

thanks

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:35am
post #35 of 42

Does the frozen batter deteriorate after a period of time? How long will it stay usable in the freezer?

I never would have thought of doing this. Thanks for the idea.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:43am
post #36 of 42

I just give it a quick stir with a spatula and then scoop it in to cupcakes or a cake pan. Honestly I have never had it in the freezer for more than a couple of weeks. It's great to have on hand when you need just a few cupcakes.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:13pm
post #37 of 42

I froze mine for 2 weeks..........I just threw some in there yesterday so I'll have to test it and let it go a while, like a month or something and then see how it bakes up!

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:30pm
post #38 of 42

I have never considered doing this. Thanks for the inspiration!

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:41pm
post #39 of 42

Pound cake batter freezes REALLY well. I prepare my pan as usual and pour the batter in, cover really well and freeze. Just bring back to room temp and it's ready to bake normally. I've done this before and no change in flavor or texture. It's a real time saver, but I can't say I've ever tried it with other batters. Great idea!!

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:45pm
post #40 of 42

I love stuff like this because it allows you to break up the process so it's not so overwhelming. This way you don't have to worry about having enough eggs or if you remembered to buy sour cream, it's all right there waiting to go in the oven. I know sometimes if I'm bored/can't sleep I like to have midnight baking sessions and it would really help to not have to run the mixer and run the risk of waking someone up!
I always make my mmf in advance, too, so if I start making the batter and freezing it I can do it in bits over the course of a week and use the weekend for the fun stuff!

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:07pm
post #41 of 42

I always love the feeling of knowing my batter is already made and all I got to do is throw it in the oven! I do this ALL the time. I make cupcakes for a store and I only put in 1/2 batches of WASC in two flavors so I always have leftovers. It's great when I get a random order for a dozen of something obscure (mocha toffee crunch!)

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:17pm
post #42 of 42

This idea never occurred to me that I could freeze my batter, so I'm glad it WAS a posted question. I'd like to try this. I wouldn't have bothered 'searching' this subject otherwise since it was never a question in my mind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%