Questions On Michele FosterS Fondant

Baking By andreamen1 Updated 25 May 2010 , 8:37am by mamawrobin

andreamen1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:11am
post #1 of 15

hello everyone, so today im gonna try to make it i was wondering if when it is done and settles for lets say 24 hours do i need to heat it up to make it pliable is it like the mmf. any answers i would really appreciate. TIA.

14 replies
metria Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:18am
post #2 of 15

nuking it for just a few seconds definitely makes it really easy to knead

mamawrobin Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:34am
post #3 of 15

I suppose you could but I never do. When I get ready to use it I knead about a handful at a time until I have kneaded as much as I'm going to use then I knead it all together.
It's just easier to knead by doing it this way. Most of the people that have had a problem with MFF have not been kneading it enough.

I love this stuff myself. It's "hands down" the best for taste and workability. It's the only fondant I ever use.

When you make it just be sure to strain the liquid. I didn't do that once and ruined my batch.

andreamen1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:41am
post #4 of 15

mamawrobin how much lb would you say it makes?

mamawrobin Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:46am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreamen1

mamawrobin how much lb would you say it makes?

I've never weighed it but I'd say 3 1/2-4 pounds. It makes quite a bit but keeps very well if wrapped in plastic wrap inside an airtight container. I can cover three 2 tiered cakes with one batch and have enough for the cut outs and such for the cakes.

andreamen1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:49am
post #6 of 15

perfect i wanted to try something different i get tired of making mmf so ill give it a try thanks so much.

KaTsKrAzYKaKeS Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:59am
post #7 of 15

Can you give the recipe for Michele's fondant?

Thanks

mamawrobin Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:59am
post #8 of 15
Quote:

perfect i wanted to try something different i get tired of making mmf so ill give it a try thanks so much.

Personally I HATE mmf. I have made it several times and have never had good results. It taste ok but it's just not a very good quality fondant as far as I'm concerned. I wish I could make mmf that I could actually use because it's so inexpensive to make.

andreamen1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 5:06am
post #9 of 15

i love the results i get with the mmf i never get cracks or folds it work really good and people love it especially my 2 year old. i just don't like the fact that i have to always reheat it.

andreamen1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 5:08am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTsKrAzYKaKeS

Can you give the recipe for Michele's fondant?

Thanks

look in recipes and click the fondant i think it's either in the first 4 pages

mamawrobin Posted 25 May 2010 , 5:17am
post #11 of 15
Quote:

i love the results i get with the mmf i never get cracks or folds it work really good and people love it especially my 2 year old. i just don't like the fact that i have to always reheat it.

I think once you make Michele's recipe you'll see what I mean about the quality of fondant. Maybe I'm just spoiled to her recipe.

andreamen1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 5:39am
post #12 of 15

oh another thing do i need to grease my mixer bowl?

andreamen1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:19am
post #13 of 15

ok so i got done making it i know it's late be i like to do all my work when my kiddos are sleepin. and let me tell you I LOVE it's so soft and it smells really good thanks.

noahsmummy Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:31am
post #14 of 15

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=625727&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

a thread by michelle wherte she answers common q's about the fondant. i read through it last night, going to make my first batch tonight, information is very helpful, and she includes a link to her recipe =)

hth

mamawrobin Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:37am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmummy

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=625727&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

a thread by michelle wherte she answers common q's about the fondant. i read through it last night, going to make my first batch tonight, information is very helpful, and she includes a link to her recipe =)

hth

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%