Probably Stupid Question About Icing

Baking By newb2 Updated 25 May 2010 , 3:56pm by LindaF144a

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:29am
post #1 of 7

Can you use melted candy melts to ice/flood cookies? I want a chocolate color to flood cookies and I was wondering if I could use actual chocolate rather than finding the color for icing.

6 replies
Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:05pm
post #2 of 7

Yes you can! icon_smile.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 7

Wait, you are going to flood a cookie with melted chocolate? Do you mean something like Nestle semisweet morsels, or do you mean the colored chocolate ones I see at Michaels?

What an awesome idea if I can use the color chocolate at Michaels. This would be fun. Can you royal ice over the chocolate to make more designs?

newb2 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144

Wait, you are going to flood a cookie with melted chocolate? Do you mean something like Nestle semisweet morsels, or do you mean the colored chocolate ones I see at Michaels?

What an awesome idea if I can use the color chocolate at Michaels. This would be fun. Can you royal ice over the chocolate to make more designs?

Well, since Peeverly said it can be done I'm going to use the colored chocolate wafers from Michaels!

Thanks for the reply Peeverly!

newb2 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 7

I guess my other question is (now that I know it can be done) is are there any disadvantages to using chocolate over royal icing?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb2

I guess my other question is (now that I know it can be done) is are there any disadvantages to using chocolate over royal icing?

The only disadvantage I could foresee in using the melts over royal besides not being able to eat just one would be the sensitivity to heat.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb2

The only disadvantage I could foresee in using the melts over royal besides not being able to eat just one would be the sensitivity to heat.

Oh yeah, it'll by like the old commercial for Lays. I'm going to have to hide these!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%