I Havent Got A Clue!

Decorating By sillymoo84 Updated 24 May 2010 , 11:39pm by thallo

sillymoo84 Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 7

To cut a long story short....

This is what the bride wants, and I haven't got a clue on how much to charge, how much to bake, let alone even carve a thing like this.

Any ideas??? icon_cry.gif

6 replies
tootie0809 Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 7

She wants this mountain? With the water and canoe? For her wedding cake? Hey, to each their own! icon_smile.gif

If you have a 3-D or sculpted pricing list, charge that or do what I do and just look at how much work you think it will be and price it depending on how much you feel it should be.

Depending on how big you need it, I'd bake a few sheet cakes and stack them on top of each other and then cut half of one or two and stack them on the side that is higher and then just start carving away. I've never done a mountain cake though, so that's just how I'd do it if it were my first time.

Good luck!!! Post a pic of it when you finish!

grama_j Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 7

Well, first you need to find out how many servings she needs......and this is supposed to be the WEDDING cake ?

dorie67 Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 7

What is that? It is beautiful where ever it is! I would use a sheet cake as a platform, then bake several smaller sheets, and carve the "island", then ice and texture. Good Luck! princess.gif

sillymoo84 Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 7

Its a country called Gibraltar, its attached to Spain, opposite Morocco, North Africa

It is for a wedding cake!! i am trying to convince her for have it as a cake topper, a miniture version! haha!!

tootie - you made me laugh, I hadnt thought about the canoe and sea!

CBMom Posted 24 May 2010 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 7

Ok, I did a little research for you..

John Lennon and Yoko Ono got married here..FYI icon_smile.gif

I would suggest doing a tiered cake, with all of the "things to do" in Gibraltar on each tier...

Or a traditional looking cake with flowers for the Botanical gardens, and a cable car going up the side to the "Rock" topper...have a little piece of tulle coming from a window in the cable car (her viel)...she's obviously a bride with no fear of doing the unexpected...you might wind up carving the Rock cake after all!! LOL!!

Have fun!!

thallo Posted 24 May 2010 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 7

From what I can see, it might be easier to create using the oval pans and working with that basis shape. From there, you can use all of your creativity and have fun. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%