Looking For Choc Marshmallow Fondant Recipe!

Baking By Tabithascakes Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 5:37pm by catlharper

Tabithascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tabithascakes Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 8

I have made marshmallow fondant, but i am wanting chocolate to tint black, thanks![/b]

7 replies
yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 8

Melt 1 cup mini marsh, 1 oz chocolate and 1 tb water. Add 1 tb cocoa powder and 1 1/2- 1 3/4 cup 10x sugar. I also have been wanting to try using the chocolate or strawberry marshmallows in a fondant.

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 8

I make MMF chocolate by adding 2 oz melted chocolate to the melted marshmallows and 2 Tbsp cocoa powder to the powdered sugar then knead as usual.

I had great success making black MMF last week by adding nearly the entire container of Wilton black icing color to the melted marshmallows. I mixed the marshmallows until the whole bowl was a shiny black and poured it out onto the powdered sugar and kneaded as usual. Fabulous results. (View the wedding cake grouping in my pictures and decide for yourself.)

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 8
Tabithascakes Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 8

beancountingbaker, i added the black food coloring to my melted marshmallows it made a wonderful color black! but it was very flaky and took me FOREVER to knead all the sugar in...i worked it enough to "use" it but it did not stay together well at all. any suggestions? thanks everyone! oh and heres a pic of my results

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:19am
post #7 of 8

There is a recipe on cc for true black mmf. It uses melted chocolate and clear (Karo) syrup. I used it for my guitar hero cake. It tasted great and it was easy to work with.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:37pm
post #8 of 8

It's simple...just replace 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar that you put in right after the marshmallows are melted with cocoa powder. Gives a wonderful chocolate taste. This is also when you add the gell color. Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%