Summer Weddings Cake Information Sheet

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 26 May 2010 , 12:40am by Pebbles1727

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Everyone,
does any of you provide any kind of information sheet to the brides for outdoor weddings with care tips? For example, keep it in cool place, don't display in direct sun, if temperatures rize above specific point.... I don't know what else. But if any of you have something like that, do you mind sharing or have any suggestions of what I can include in it?
All your input will be appreciated.
P

7 replies
Walls1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Walls1971 Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 8

I include all that kind of information in my contract, no matter what time of year it is. Along with the cake should be on a stable table, etc. Even so, I've still had a bride tell me she wanted me to place the cake in an un-air conditioned tent at a July wedding where the temps were mid to high 90's and humidity in the 90%'s. The venue had an air conditioned room all set up (I had already spoken with them) but she insisted. I referred her to the contract she signed and upon arriving at the venue, I asked to be directed to the room with AC. That's where I set it up; however, i heard whisperings that they were going to move it (an assembled, four tiered wedding cake!). You can tell people all you want, some people don't listen will do whatever the heck they want to anyway!

Pebbles1727 Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 8

Do you mind telling me which provisions exactly you have in your contract that pertain to outdoor weddings and receptions?

Walls1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Walls1971 Posted 25 May 2010 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not at my desk right now, or I would cut and paste what I have in my contracts, but it's just a general 'the cake needs to be in a room with a temp of 75 (I think) or below, on a stable table as cakes are considerably heavier than they appear. . . " stuff like that. By stating a specific temperature, I felt that inherently ruled out outside venues with no air conditioning in the middle of summer. Maybe my contract needs to be more specific.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 8

I had a small blip in my contract about "appropriate temperature control" and I also addressed it in my blog: http://cateritsimple.blogspot.com/search/label/contract

Pebbles1727 Posted 25 May 2010 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 8

So what do you do for an outside reception? Advise brides that cakes are kept inside?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 May 2010 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 8

My icing holds up in extreme (!) heat and humidity so it wasn't really an issue for me. I had the clause in my contract just as CYA. If they want the cake set up outside, I set it up outside. No worries.

Pebbles1727 Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:40am
post #8 of 8

Doesn't your chocolate buttercream is half butter? Does it hold up in heat too
Thanks, P

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%