Stubborn Icing

Decorating By Tclanton Updated 24 May 2010 , 4:52pm by cakes47

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 2

Good Morning - and yes a small disaster this weekend. I never thought that BC could make you curse in 4 different languages! icon_eek.gif

This weekend I sat down to decorate my fifth cake. Well, while mixing up the icing, I went to turn off my KA mixer and the switch would not return to the off position. So, I unplugged the darn thing - scraped the bowl, plugged back in and I cant get the darn switch to move at all. Finally got it to move and being that now I am panicking, didnt quite get enough water in the icing. Next - took large icing tip and started working again. All was good until I went to smooth and my icing is falling off in huge pieces. Finally got a metal spatula out and with the help of hot water - I did the best that I could.

Next step - roll out fondant accents and apply to cake - this step was seamless. So, now comes the borders - that darn icing was so stiff I couldnt hardly get it to come out of the bag. Half way in, the right hand is hurting and I am no where near done. While attempting the top border - a small hole appears in the bag, and before I was done there were two holes and an apparent stretch mark. Finished cake is in my pics with RRR on it. Thank goodness that it was for my boyfriend and family. Thought sharing a laugh would make someones day.

1 reply
cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 2

We've all had those days!! Just keep going, you're doing a nice job!!
Anytime you find icing that hard to pipe, take it all out of the bag &
add a bit more liquid, mix, bag it & pipe. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%