Grad Caps W/o Peanut Butter Cups?

Baking By SueW Updated 25 May 2010 , 2:11am by SueW

SueW Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:39am
post #1 of 7

My son is graduating from preschool soon and I wanted to make cute graduation cap cupcakes. The problem is my daughter is allergic to peanuts so I can't use PB cups, does anyone have another way to make the cap w/o using PB cups?

6 replies
antonia74 Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 7

(Sorry, I answered by accident. I don't have any info for you and now it won't allow me to delete this!) icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 7

They make caramel cups, same idea as the pb cups only with caramel inside, i get them at Dollar General

linstead Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 7

I made some grad cap cupcakes and used a chocolate mold. Look at the black grad cap on my photos in my profile and then go to the More photos - a picture of the cupcakes is there. This was super simple. Just mold the chocolate caps and place on top of frosted cupcakes. Also you can make the hats any color you want.

linstead Posted 24 May 2010 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 7

Here are the chocolate grad hat cupcakes.

KHalstead Posted 24 May 2010 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 7

OHhhhhhhhhhh I was thinking you meant you used a peanut butter cup mold and molded the bottom part of the hat vs. using an actual peanut butter cup.

Those are nice!!

SueW Posted 25 May 2010 , 2:11am
post #7 of 7

Those are so cute linstead thanks for the idea! I'll see if I can find a mold like that. I'll also look for the carmel cups. Thanks everyone. I miss peanut butter icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%