No Edible Printer......can I Do This??

Decorating By Normita Updated 25 May 2010 , 4:13am by Normita

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:38am
post #1 of 7

I do not have an edible printer but I need to print out a logo. I have some rice paper and was thinking of printing it out on normal printer using the rice paper but then attaching that to a piece of fondant so that the rice paper with normal ink does not touch the cake or anything. Will this idea work??

6 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:11am
post #2 of 7

If you are going to print with "regular" ink, it is best to laminate paper instead. You do not want anyone to eat something that isnt edible by mistake.

Normita Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:31am
post #3 of 7

If I laminate the paper do I place that over the fondant or simply place the laminated paper on the cake?

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:02am
post #4 of 7

Yes you can do this...You can print it out on edible paper off a regular printer...the colors are a bit "duller" and not as sharp. You can then attache them to a fondant plaque...You just need to make the customer aware that it is NOT edible. People put things on cakes all the time that aren't always edible. Putting it on the fondant will prevent it from the ink bleeding into the cake, or causing problems.

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:49am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apetricek

Yes you can do this...You can print it out on edible paper off a regular printer...the colors are a bit "duller" and not as sharp. You can then attache them to a fondant plaque...You just need to make the customer aware that it is NOT edible. People put things on cakes all the time that aren't always edible. Putting it on the fondant will prevent it from the ink bleeding into the cake, or causing problems.

I think that is a dangerous recommendation you just gave there.

I would use edible markers instead.

Patty*

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:56am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

If I laminate the paper do I place that over the fondant or simply place the laminated paper on the cake?

Either way, but it would probably be nicer on the fondant if that is how you are covering the rest of the cake

Normita Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:13am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone for their suggestions....I was able to take the logo name to my cake supply store and they were able to print it out on edible paper icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%