Whoo! Hoo!

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 24 May 2010 , 3:31pm by nancyg

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 24 May 2010 , 3:49am
post #1 of 12

Finally delivered my first 5 tiered stacked cake!!! Almost had a stroke and nervous breakdown but everything went perfectly fine. I will never use dowel rods again......SPS ROCKS! (Thanks Leah!) I've been stressing over this for months and whether to stack the whole thing or add the top 2 tiers on when I got there. Glad I went ahead & stacked because it would have taken me too long to do on site and lots of people were there watching & working (don't like to be watched) Why do I do this?????? I must be a nut or I just love it?? Anyway, thanks for your support and answers that I've pm'd. Cake Central is crazy fantastic!!!

11 replies
tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:10am
post #2 of 12

congrats! always feels good to deliver a cake safe and sound icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:22am
post #3 of 12

omg, that is fantastic! How did you carry it or get it inside? Wasn't it pretty heavy? Who helped you? (and if you tell me you carried this yourself, I'm going to curl up and cry because carrying a bag of groceries anymore wears me out! icon_lol.gif )

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:23am
post #4 of 12

Hey! I don't see a 5-tier cake in your pics! Let us know when you get it posted!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:26am
post #5 of 12

I'm also looking forward to seeing a picture of your cake. Glad it all turned out so good for you. thumbs_up.gif

I'm also curious if you carried the cake in by yourself? I can do three tiers and that's pushing it. icon_lol.gif

LaBoulangerie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBoulangerie Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:07am
post #6 of 12

Oh, goodness, stacked cakes always scare me, lol. I did one my second month of actually making cakes... Had no clue about dowel rods, SPS, or even putting cake boards under each tier... It made it to my work, it wasn't an order or anything, but had quite the gangster lean :p Glad everything was fine for you! Post a pic! I am eager to do another tiered cake now that I have more knowledge!

Where are you at in Tennessee? I am in the Nashville area, but originally from Knoxville! Sorry, I get giddy when I see other people from Tennessee on here :p

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:12am
post #7 of 12

Congrats!!! I love that "rush" after something goes right and the cake is all done and safely to it's destination! Then it's on to the next challenge icon_smile.gif

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:57am
post #8 of 12

Can someone help me? I dont know how to start a new post And I have a question....If I want to find a specific persons picture. Can I search by their name?

Or what if I have the photo #. Can I get to it that way.

Please help me or tell me where to go to ask this question.

LaBoulangerie Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:16am
post #9 of 12

Go to the galleries, hit search, and then you can enter the username icon_biggrin.gif

LaBoulangerie Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:18am
post #10 of 12

or you could put in the picture number in the URL...

Just go to any picture, erase the numbers at the end of the URL and replace with the number of the picture you want, hit enter. That works, too! Bonne chance!

cupcakeparty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeparty Posted 24 May 2010 , 8:07am
post #11 of 12

in the search box search by persons name

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 24 May 2010 , 3:31pm
post #12 of 12

Thank you for helping me with my picture question....

Appreciate your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%