Icing Techniques For Cupcakes

Baking By vappy Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 3:44pm by JaeRodriguez

vappy Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 5

Hi! I have been decorating cakes for quite a while, but am new to cupcakes. I usually use the giant swirl technique with the 1M Wilton tip. Can someone tell me how to use the technique that looks like the icing has been put on like a soft serve ice cream cone? It seems to be the new modern....really simple look that many bakerys are using.


4 replies
leily Posted 24 May 2010 , 3:00am
post #2 of 5

you can use a large round tip, or a coupler (make sure it doesn't have a notch out of it) and do the same swirl pattern as you do with 1M

vappy Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:21am
post #3 of 5

Thanks! I'll be trying it soon!

MariaK38 Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 5

I saw on here a while ago that you could use the coupler and put a piece of tape over the notch on the side to get the look you want. I tried it a while back and it came out really cute!

JaeRodriguez Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 5

What recipe would be good for this technique?

Quote by @%username% on %date%