Gps For The Nsw Name And Shame List

Business By gilby78 Updated 24 May 2010 , 2:08pm by noahsmummy

gilby78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilby78 Posted 24 May 2010 , 1:49am
post #1 of 6

If you are in the business you might want to have a look at this.

GPS markers for the NSW Name and Shame list.
http://nov0caine.posterous.com/foodadvisor-the-sydney-foodies-number-one-tra

This really can put a stake in your grave if you're untidy in the kitchen. icon_redface.gif

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 May 2010 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 6

so is it just the general public that reports these claims?? i would hope they follow up and do a thorough investigation.......I could just see people saying all sorts of untrue things about their competition, etc. or just to mess with a business!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 May 2010 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

so is it just the general public that reports these claims?? i would hope they follow up and do a thorough investigation.......I could just see people saying all sorts of untrue things about their competition, etc. or just to mess with a business!

It's not reported by the general public, it's basically the list of places that failed a health inspection.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 24 May 2010 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 6

the name and shame list? yea ive seen. i dont know about this particular app, but the one on the food authorties website all claims had been investigated. i checked it out to see if a restaurant i used to work at was on it.. surprisingly not.

its always puzzled me how some businesses are still able to operate.. i worked in that particular place for around 5 years, we couldnt seat customers in certain areas because of the amount of cockroaches.. i used to play games to see how much grease i could get scrubbed off the wall in a shift.. and yet.. they are still operating... weird.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 May 2010 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmummy

the name and shame list? yea ive seen. i dont know about this particular app, but the one on the food authorties website all claims had been investigated. i checked it out to see if a restaurant i used to work at was on it.. surprisingly not.

its always puzzled me how some businesses are still able to operate.. i worked in that particular place for around 5 years, we couldnt seat customers in certain areas because of the amount of cockroaches.. i used to play games to see how much grease i could get scrubbed off the wall in a shift.. and yet.. they are still operating... weird.

Our health depts publish their reports online and in some newspapers.

There was a restaurant not far from my house that was shut down and the paper actually did a good job in explaining the process. The health dept isn't out there rubbing their hands in glee, thinking "oh boy oh boy who can I shut down today?". Their job is to help a business with their practices and procedures so they can stay in compliance with the rules. The HD will issue warnings and come back to see if the problem has been fixed. When it gets really severe, they will issue citations and eventually fines are imposed. But they give the business the CHANCE to fix the problem first.

Our brand new stadium hit the news big time when the HD issued thousands of dollars in fines because of the deplorable conditions they were finding, after numerous warnings.

So businesses are, and should be, given the opportunity to fix a problem. But if, after numerous "second chances" it's not fixed, harsher steps are taken.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:08pm
post #6 of 6

lol im just imaging a health inspector doing that...

and yes i understand there are steps and warnings and such. but this place has been in operation for years. i worked there 6 years ago and situations havnt improved, not nearly! lol.

Part of my jb was to cut up meat in the cutting machine, did i mention i was 14 at the time with zero kitchen experience? lol. i defrosted the freezer once and lost count of the amount of cockroaches that were "entombed" in ice. anyone with food hygeine training would have had multiple heart attacks just walking in there.. oh well, it shall remain a mystery i guess. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%