Cricut Expression For Cakes

Decorating By ChefKristi Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 3:30pm by tiggy2

ChefKristi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefKristi Posted 23 May 2010 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 4

I purchased a Cricut Expression about 2 years ago, and now I see that they have come out with a Cricut that can make cake designs. I was wondering if I could use my Cricut to do the same things that the new Cricut cake machine does. Does anyone know if that works and what the differences are in machines? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
staceytisdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceytisdale Posted 23 May 2010 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 4

yes you can! I have used my cricut to cut out fondant/gumtex mix. My first one I made is the brown and green apple cake in my photos which i used the cricut to make the entire cake. You need to slide over the rubber rollers, remove stickiness from a mat and I use the deep cut blade. It works best with gumpaste or fondant/gumtex that has been rolled out, better with pasta roller, then places in a plastic bag so it doesn't dry out..then cut the next day...you'll want extra incase you mess up. There's lots of form posts already comparing the 2 machines.

ChefKristi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefKristi Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for your help! I saw your cake, and it is wonderful.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 4

FYI...easy way to remove the sticky from the mat is to rub with 90 proof alcohol (liquor). Wipes right off with no scrubbing or residue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%