Have You Ever...

Decorating By Bella-cakes Updated 24 May 2010 , 10:38pm by Bella-cakes

Bella-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella-cakes Posted 23 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 6

made carrot cake with cc filling and covered in chocolate Ganache then fondant? I have a request for this and I'm not sure about the chocolate ganache and carrot cake. if anyone has ever tried this please let me know how it was...TIA.. icon_confused.gif

5 replies
krae0057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krae0057 Posted 23 May 2010 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 6

I have never tried it personally, but I had a friend who lived in Brazil for a while and they always had carrot cake with chocolate icing. According to her, it was really delicious.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 23 May 2010 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 6

i've never tried, but i could imagine white chocolate ganache tasting great with it.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 23 May 2010 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 6

Not my cup of tea!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 23 May 2010 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 6

I do NOT like CC icing, but my fav cake is carrot so when I was in school we had to do a baked Alaska. I chose carrot as my cake and then I did a white chocolate ice cream. My chef told me to go traditional, but I could not do it. He ended up LOVING it and so do I. If anything I would think that a darker chocolate would clash with the CC icing. I would check with the person placing the order and make sure of what they like. We all have our favorites. I would go with the white chocolate.

Bella-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella-cakes Posted 24 May 2010 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 6

thank you all so much for your info. I think I'm going to try and talk her into doing the cc on the outside as well.. icon_biggrin.gif and with you Edna that combo is not my cup of tea either..lol..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%