Peanut Butter Cookie Dough...can I Make It A Day Ahead?

Baking By aej6 Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 4:33pm by aej6

aej6 Posted 23 May 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
I've been asked to make Peanut Butter Blossoms...no big deal.
BUT....LOST is on tonight and I must give it my full attention! icon_smile.gif
Does anyone know; would it be okay to make the cookie dough today and bake them tomorrow?
Would the dough be as good and safe if kept in the fridge overnight?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

5 replies
sweetiesbykim Posted 23 May 2010 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 6

Most definitely!!! Just think of all the cookie doughs in the refrigerated section in the grocery store! I worked for my aunt and several bakeries and caterers, and they all made their doughs ahead and froze them in balls, ready to bake -no problem! Have fun watching LOST icon_smile.gif

aej6 Posted 23 May 2010 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you; I didn't think of that!

Off to whip them up! Thanks again.

indydebi Posted 24 May 2010 , 1:28am
post #4 of 6

I know right now you're watching Lost (I'm flipping back and forth between Lost and Apprentice!), but I would make batches and batches of cookie dough and store it until needed. Some of it was stored as dough balls in the freezer and some in the 'frig. But I took the frozen ones from freezer to oven, so that works, too. I mean, I had 2 girls come in mon, tues & wed JUST to make cookie dough to fill the orders for the whole week.

aej6 Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I know right now you're watching Lost (I'm flipping back and forth between Lost and Apprentice!), but I would make batches and batches of cookie dough and store it until needed. Some of it was stored as dough balls in the freezer and some in the 'frig. But I took the frozen ones from freezer to oven, so that works, too. I mean, I had 2 girls come in mon, tues & wed JUST to make cookie dough to fill the orders for the whole week.

Thank you! Itt did work out very well AND LOST was awesome!
Thanks again!

aej6 Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiesbykim

Most definitely!!! Just think of all the cookie doughs in the refrigerated section in the grocery store! I worked for my aunt and several bakeries and caterers, and they all made their doughs ahead and froze them in balls, ready to bake -no problem! Have fun watching LOST icon_smile.gif

Thank you also; no intention to leave anyone's input/advicee out! Muchas gracias!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%