Jelly Beans?

Decorating By hebberd Updated 24 May 2010 , 11:32am by melmar02

hebberd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hebberd Posted 23 May 2010 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 6

I have a First Birthday cake to do in a few weeks. The theme is Jelly Beans. I am wondering if there is a way to make jelly beans on the cake using frosting. Any tips?

Thanks.

5 replies
Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 23 May 2010 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 6

If the theme is jelly beans it must mean they love them so why not use actual jelly beans to decorate I know my kids LOVE candy on the cakes.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:26am
post #3 of 6

I know you didn't ask for cookies, but these minis are so cute...I could picture them on a cake: http://chiccookiekits.blogspot.com/2009/04/bite-size-jelly-bean-cookies-and.html

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 24 May 2010 , 8:51am
post #4 of 6

FlourPots those cookies are soo cute!!
hebberd If the theme is jelly beans you do a jelly bean shaped cake and then cover the whole cake in jelly beans icon_smile.gif HTH

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 24 May 2010 , 10:16am
post #5 of 6

How about making the cake look like a bag of jelly beans - with the jelly beans pouring out the open end?

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 24 May 2010 , 11:32am
post #6 of 6

How many other very small children will be at the party? A cake covered in jelly beans would be cute, but a HUGE choking hazard for a 1 year old. My two year old would even have problems and she has most of her teeth. Maybe you could use jelly beans on the main cake and then just icing on a smash cake for the birthday boy/girl. If you wanted to use just icing I think a round tip 5 or bigger would be a good size, depending on how big you want the jelly beans to be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%