Pasta Machine???

Decorating By jayne1873 Updated 26 May 2010 , 9:40pm by DamarisC

jayne1873 Posted 23 May 2010 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 5

Ok so I would really looooove a kitchen aid with the pasta attachment but cant really afford that at present esp after just buying the cricut so thinking of the cricut and rolling out paste does anyone have the pasta machines that you attach to the table top and are they any good.
thanks

4 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 23 May 2010 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 5

I had one but it was awful. I couldn't get it to attach to my table top and be stable. Part of this is that my table top had a ledge under it so the pasta machine wouldn't "clamp" down correctly. I would make sure you have a ledge deep enough for it to attach to.

Good Luck.

Tincanlady Posted 23 May 2010 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 5

I use my Imperia pasta roller almost daily! Wouldn't live without it!! I don't roll my gumpaste or fondant very evenly by hand, and this is so fast! I also have the 2-speed electric motor attachment I got that hooks up on the side, so I have both hands free to feed it in and catch it coming out. I got the electric attachment off Ebay for about $80, and the manual pasta machine half price with a coupon at my local craft store in the clay section. I think most of the silver manual pasta rollers are basically the same, no matter which brand.
I HIGHLY recommend getting one if you commonly work with fondant and gumpaste!! icon_smile.gif

Tincanlady Posted 23 May 2010 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

I had one but it was awful. I couldn't get it to attach to my table top and be stable. Part of this is that my table top had a ledge under it so the pasta machine wouldn't "clamp" down correctly. I would make sure you have a ledge deep enough for it to attach to.

Good Luck.

I don't even clamp mine and it works like a charm! Just set it on a piece of non-skid shelf liner icon_smile.gif

DamarisC Posted 26 May 2010 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 5

I just bought a pasta machine, and i LOVE it!!! I can roll out my fondant perfectly even (mind you, i only use fondant for accent pieces, i have never covered a cake in it)

which saves a lot of time, mine came with the spaghetti and fettuchine (i think, the pasta for fettuchine alfredo, flat stripes) attachments, so i love it!

It cost me 30$ total on ebay, shipping and all. I think they are great, i cannot wait to buy more attachments for it.

Oh and mine is manual : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%