Strawberry Buttercream Filling

Baking By teena83 Updated 25 May 2010 , 9:13pm by KHalstead

teena83 Posted 23 May 2010 , 8:40am
post #1 of 7

Hi! Does anyone have a recipe for a non-perishable strawberry buttercream filling?? The cake will also be covered with fondant and will have to sit out for a day or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
JanH Posted 23 May 2010 , 9:06am
post #2 of 7

You can simply substitute strawberry extract in your favorite American b/c recipe to make a strawberry b/c filling that doesn't require refrigeration. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

The above super thread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams (b/c's), several types of fondant and doctored caked mix (WASC and other flavor variations) and so much more!

Here's an additional American b/c recipe that is light and fluffy:
(Minimally crusting.)

DianeLM Posted 23 May 2010 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 7

I just add some sleeve filling to my bc and boost the flavor with some Lorann oil or strawberry extract.

teena83 Posted 25 May 2010 , 7:55am
post #4 of 7

Thank you for your responses! I will try the strawberry extract. I don't know if I can find sleeved fillings around here though. Is it possible to use strawberry jam?

noahsmummy Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:27am
post #5 of 7

ive added jam and also strawberry ice cream topping to b/c for filling. you just need to watch how much milk or water you add because it does make it more runny...

teena83 Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 7

thank you noahsmummy!

KHalstead Posted 25 May 2010 , 9:13pm
post #7 of 7

you can also add kool aid mix (unsweetened) or even strawberry jello mix (dry) to your regular bc!

Quote by @%username% on %date%