I Did It!! My First Weddings!!

Decorating By onlymadaresane Updated 23 May 2010 , 3:58pm by ayerim979

onlymadaresane Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:34am
post #1 of 12

My step brother and a friend were getting married on the same day- so the first wedding cakes I made...I did two at a time! They were supposed to be fondant- however the humidity has been @ 80+% for the past 3 days...I'm glad to say they were all happy to go with buttercream!

I had snafus. I got great advice here to work through them.

I delivered.

I stacked.

NOTHING FELL!! I fixed the little dent I did and worked through the little uh oh there--all without panicking!

Got a text from my friends wedding- RAVE reviews! The cake at my step brother's wedding went over great too!

I'm so happy to be done with them. I'm not sure I'd ever do another though...that's a lot of stress for me!

I attached pictures...(taken with my cell!! Forgot my camera! icon_cry.gif )

My StepBrother's Cake

My Friend's Cake

11 replies
dalis4joe Posted 23 May 2010 , 5:19am
post #2 of 12

CONGRATS!!!!! and GREAT JOB!!! both cakes are gorgeous!!! don't say NO... keep doing them cause you have the talent for it..... 2 cakes??? and on your first time??? that is excellent!

3 thumbs up!

Cathy26 Posted 23 May 2010 , 9:41am
post #3 of 12

congrats, they are excellent, particularly the cala lilly one - it looks like fondant the buttercream is so smooth!

LaBoulangerie Posted 23 May 2010 , 9:45am
post #4 of 12

Wonderful job! I had to really look it over to tell if it was fondant or not :p Amazing job on the smoothing! Look forward to future cakes icon_biggrin.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 23 May 2010 , 9:51am
post #5 of 12

Beautiful! Congrats x

karenm0712 Posted 23 May 2010 , 10:43am
post #6 of 12

Congratulations! Both cakes are beautiful!!!

onlymadaresane Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 12

Thank you so much for kind praises!!!! I'm sure you can still imagine how BEAMING I am that this went off without any major upsets! YEAH!!!

tesso Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 12

you did a fantastic job on those. Congrats, now go grab a glass of wine and relax the wedding cake jitters away.

au_decorator_76 Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:21pm
post #9 of 12

They are both gorgeous!!! I would have thought they were fondont too, very smooth! icon_smile.gif

confectionsofahousewife Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:34pm
post #10 of 12

Great job! I am doing my first wedding cake in a couple weeks and its the same size as one of yours (12,10,8,6). Did you stack yours before transport or after? And what stacking method did you use? Thanks!

onlymadaresane Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:47pm
post #11 of 12

I used SPS (modified) and stacked on site.
I had to modify the SPS with wilton hidden pillars because my cakes ended up not being 4" exactly...I will say that they held up just fine though (however I've already placed my order for adjustable sps pillars)

ayerim979 Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:58pm
post #12 of 12

wow, congratulations. I myself couldn't even tell it was buttercream. Congratulations you did a great job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%