Questions About Turntables

Decorating By SnugglePie Updated 24 May 2010 , 5:35am by CWR41

SnugglePie Posted 23 May 2010 , 1:08am
post #1 of 8

I am looking for a larger sized turntable than the one I have now, anyone have suggestions or where to get one or what size to get? Thanks everyone!

7 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:36am
post #2 of 8

I've had a really large lazy susan--about 18 inches across--for years, so that's what I use.

Now, if I was in the market for a new one, this is what I'd get. I saw it used at an OH ICES DOS and it was very smooth moving and large...

http://www.partycakesnthings.com/proddetail.php?prod=DTT1

HTH
Rae

chelseak Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:38am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

I've had a really large lazy susan--about 18 inches across--for years, so that's what I use.

Now, if I was in the market for a new one, this is what I'd get. I saw it used at an OH ICES DOS and it was very smooth moving and large...

http://www.partycakesnthings.com/proddetail.php?prod=DTT1

HTH
Rae

Ditto on the lazy susan, except I paid 9 bucks for mine at Ikea....Works fantastic!

SugarFrosted Posted 23 May 2010 , 6:15am
post #4 of 8

I have an 18" lazy susan also, love it!

I also have one of those two-sided turntables in the link, and have never used it. I bought it, and a huge bunch of other stuff, from a baker who went out of business. Maybe I should get it out and see how it does.

Rylan Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:30am
post #5 of 8

I, too, use the lazy susan from Ikea. It works great!

SunshineSally Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:11am
post #6 of 8

I also use a lazy susan that my mother-in-law found in the back of her cabinets. She got it when she got married in the 70's. It works perfectly!

Skirt Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:32am
post #7 of 8

IKEA all the way

CWR41 Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:35am
post #8 of 8

The Cake Wheel looks like an option that would handle anything.

Also, Cake Stackers has their optional turntable attachment for only a penny, when you purchase whichever two of their plate sizes that you want to custom build your own turntable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%