Fondant Problem..

Decorating By ysevilla Updated 23 May 2010 , 3:04am by BlakesCakes

ysevilla Posted 22 May 2010 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 6

i'm just wondering why my fondant pieces (shaped) tend to get brittle when its already dry..

5 replies
mamawrobin Posted 22 May 2010 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure exactly what you mean that it "gets brittle when it's already dry". Are you talking about fondant figures or cut outs?

ysevilla Posted 22 May 2010 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 6

yes my fondant pieces.. coz i made a mini toga cap then when my my mom lift it up to see it closely the toga cap cord broke..

mamawrobin Posted 22 May 2010 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 6

I really don't know. Can you post a photo so I can see what your talking about? I have flowers that I made from fondant months ago so I'm trying to figure out why you're having this problem.

ysevilla Posted 22 May 2010 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 6

i also don't know why i'm having this problem.. maybe bec. I just used fondant.. maybe i should add tylose to my fondant..what do you think??? thanks for replying..

BlakesCakes Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:04am
post #6 of 6

If you add tylose to fondant, it really just makes the fondant dry faster and able to be rolled thinner.

I don't see it as adding real strength to the dried product.

If your fondant piece was too brittle, it may have been rolled too thin for it's intended purpose or the pieces may not have been rolled out without lines/cracks in it, leading to breakage at those spots when it dried.

Quote by @%username% on %date%