? Cream Cheese Icing To Decorate With

Baking By sandy1 Updated 22 May 2010 , 10:33pm by mamawrobin

sandy1 Posted 22 May 2010 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a recipe for cream cheese icing that can be used for decorating techniques such as borders??
TIA

4 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 22 May 2010 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 5

This is the best cream cheese frosting I have found. I won't use any other recipe. 1 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco
16 oz. cream cheese
3 1/2 lbs powdered sugar
1 T vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Mix on low speed for a couple of minutes.

If you use clear vanilla in both the color will be a perfect match for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comicon_surprised.gifffice:smarttags" />Wilton's buttercream recipe. I use this to frost cheesecakes
when a couple wants part regular cake and part cheesecake for the tiers.

This makes a fairly stiff icing. For a softer one you can use 3 lbs. of powdered sugar.

sweettreat101 Posted 22 May 2010 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 5

Forgot to add I don't use Crisco in any of my frosting's. I use Hi ratio shortening. If you don't have Hi ratio use any store brand shortening that still contains trans fat. Crisco doesn't mix with liquids well since they changed their formula.

sandy1 Posted 22 May 2010 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

mamawrobin Posted 22 May 2010 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreat101

Forgot to add I don't use Crisco in any of my frosting's. I use Hi ratio shortening. If you don't have Hi ratio use any store brand shortening that still contains trans fat. Crisco doesn't mix with liquids well since they changed their formula.

I have no problem with crisco. I use Indydebi's buttercream recipe and I read a post that she made the other day saying that she never even noticed when crisco cut the trans fat in their product. She said that she was suprised when everyone started complaining about it not working as well. Maybe it's that her recipe isn't affected by it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%