Whipped Cream Frosting??

Baking By BBscakes66 Updated 23 May 2010 , 10:04am by minicuppie

BBscakes66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BBscakes66 Posted 22 May 2010 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I have a cake to make and the customer would like something not as sweet as butter cream. It's a white cake with strawberry filling and I suggested Stabilized Whipped Cream but it is a party on a yacht and no refrigeration available. The cake will be unrefridgerated for approx. 2 1/2 hours and I don't think that's a good idea for whipped cream. Any suggestions or recipes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
bbscakes

5 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 22 May 2010 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 6

I find it hard to believe there is a yacht made without any way to keep food cold. Maybe a sailboat? Anyway...cover the cake and place in an ice cooler with a bunch of ice bags (not bags of ice, the ice bags that you keep around for boo-boos.)

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 22 May 2010 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 6

I agree. I can't imagine that they would make a yacht w/o a refrigerator, Even some of the larger nice boats (not yachts) have a refrigerator. Are you sure they are going on a yacht?

The ice chest with ice packs will work but if they're going to be on a yacht there will more than likely be a refrigerator.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 22 May 2010 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 6

Have you considered using non-dairy whipped cream like Frostin' Pride or Bettercream that doesn't require refrigeration? If you can wait as long as possible to apply it, it would be best. As it air dries on the cake it won't look as fluffy, and it tends to get rubbery (especially noticed when trying to serve as it may stick to the knife and peel off easily unless using a hot dipped knife).

BBscakes66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BBscakes66 Posted 22 May 2010 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for your ideas, it is a rental yacht so my customer was unsure but all is well and the refrigeration problem has been solved. Thanks also for the frosting suggestions, that is exactly what I was looking for.
BB icon_smile.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 23 May 2010 , 10:04am
post #6 of 6

You may have problems anyway...salt air plus sugar equals potiential icing slidage. Leave in fridge as long as possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%