Louis Vuitton Brown And Lustre Dust Question

Decorating By heathandhail Updated 23 May 2010 , 1:43am by heathandhail

heathandhail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathandhail Posted 22 May 2010 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 3

Hi!

I'm attempting my first purse cake this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips on tinting my white fondant the right color of brown for a LV purse?

Also, I am going to paint on the logos with gold dust, how much vodka should I mix in and what should the consistency be?

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!!

icon_smile.gif

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 May 2010 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 3

I made one a few months ago..The color was a dark burgundy brown.I tinted the fondant a pale brick red and then added in a touch of brown and of course I airbrished it too.I made the LV logo from Gumpaste and cut it out with a template and exact knife.Then I glued it on while it was still plyable and painted it after.It was the first one I ever did too and it turned out pretty good!!Pour in the dust first and add a drop or so of vodka.The mixture should be like thick syrup..not clumpy.

heathandhail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathandhail Posted 23 May 2010 , 1:43am
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much KiddieKakes, that was helpful.

Just to update for people who have the same question as me, I used about half a bottle of wilton brown and some black and burgundy to get the louis vuitton classic brown purse color. I added a bunch of brown, then a little black, then a little burgundy and then repeated.

I haven't done the lustre dust yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%