Clay Extruder

Decorating By Echooo3 Updated 22 May 2010 , 6:32pm by dalis4joe

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 10

What do you use yours for? I don't have one but am thinking about getting one.

9 replies
sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 10

I have a cheap one that kills my hand, but I use it a lot with the different circle holes to pipe borders to cookies, cakes and make hair for gumpaste figures.

As soon as I can afford it, I will be getting a better one that doesn't kill my hands!

Good Luck!

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 22 May 2010 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 10

sew4children...what kind do you have? I saw one at Michael's today that was about $25 that I was considering. They had 2 and it was the bigger of the two.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 22 May 2010 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria925

sew4children...what kind do you have? I saw one at Michael's today that was about $25 that I was considering. They had 2 and it was the bigger of the two.

Makins Ultimate Clay Extruder is the best. It's green with a twist handle. I love mine. I use it for borders, flower petals, bow loops, hair, ropes, and much more. I used my 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and it cost me $12.49. You can buy them at Michaels as well.

It's one of my favorite cake tools. thumbs_up.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 22 May 2010 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 10

I was just as Michale's and they have a new one on the clay side... it's 24$ and it's got a better handle to push the paste out.... I will post the pic in a few.... I am getting it... it's better than the makins for sure and has all the disks and... well.. lemme upload the pics I took so you guys can see it.... I almost bought the makins at a cake expo... glad I didn't cause this was worth waiting for.... can't wait to use it lol

edited to add pictures... the handle is like a crank I guess.... like the ones for the manual pasta machines... so much better!!!!

Not bad huh??? whatcha think??? I thik it's awesome and with the 50% coupon... you are talking about 12.50!!!!
LL

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 22 May 2010 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 10

I use mine for borders, ropes, handles for bags. grass, hair, swirls, writing as I cant pipe lol the uses are enless I love it.

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 22 May 2010 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 10

I'm on my way to Michaels, coupon in hand, to look for the new clay gun! Thanks for the info!

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 22 May 2010 , 6:04pm
post #8 of 10

icon_eek.gif Oh, wow!! I haven't seen that one, love that handle!! I love my green Makins for cakes, but I need THAT one for my clay!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Gotta go to Michaels in a week or so, will have to check it out!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 22 May 2010 , 6:27pm
post #9 of 10

I have the one from Global Sugar Art.....I like it, but rather expensive.... I was thinking of getting one of the large ones from Makins ...but for 1/2 off at Michaels, I think I will give it a try first.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 22 May 2010 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 10

my coupon is effective tmo... so I will get it then... I think the handle is what sold me on it....

dcarylmk: Let us know when u get it how it is!!!!

I't my duty to share new finds here with all my CC family icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%