Making A Diaper Box Cake..want To Make Baby Bottle And Keys

Decorating By amyoungbl00d5 Updated 22 May 2010 , 2:47pm by tguegirl

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 22 May 2010 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 2

How do I make a baby bottle and keys aand maybe a pacifier? i am making a diaper box cake and I want to add these details to the board. I thought manbe it was a mold or something..but I am not sure. I noticed these objects on Diaper bag how do you guys do it?

1 reply
tguegirl Posted 22 May 2010 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 2

The bottle is a chocolate mold. You melt yellow chocolate for the top and white chocolate for the bottle part. It's available on various websites. Check it out here:

What you want to do is first melt yellow chocolate and paint it into the mold for the yellow part. Then add the white over it. Make it in two sections and join it together with more chocolate. Then you can take a knife and clean off the extra chocolate at the seams.

For the keys, I just cut out the keys from fondant. Make yourself a template and trace it into gumpaste or fondant with tylose. Let them dry really well, then thread them onto a white rope of fondant. Join together the ends to make the ring that the keys sit on. You can check out my pictures for examples--it's the diaper bag cake.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%