Urgent! Remove Excess Crisco

Decorating By kewaters Updated 22 May 2010 , 5:13am by Jeep_girl816

kewaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kewaters Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:49am
post #1 of 4

Good evening! I think i used a little too much crisco on my fondant covered cake...i was trying to get rid of some of the elephant skin i had going on and i think i used too much. it is very slick and shiny. what can i do to remove the excess crisco? Cake is for a.m. so need to know ASAP...thanks in advance!

3 replies
chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 22 May 2010 , 4:46am
post #2 of 4

Can you dust it with corn starch? I'd dust it very lightly, so it doesnt clump if I tried it.

or maybe PS.

Does it taste okay? or is it greasy.

I might even try wiping it with a paper towell, wonder if you could brush it with vodka? like you were painting it... ?? that usually dries out my fondant and takes away any shiney that I have. when I paint the surface...

These are all just suggestions that I would do- but I am a cake idiot. I dont know a thing about them, everything I do I do is trial and error.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 22 May 2010 , 5:07am
post #3 of 4

I did this with my shrek,,just wipe dry with paper towel and use paintbrush for small, hard to reach areas to wipe away..it's the best option..i know what you mean by elephant skin..i'm working on that task..it's hard to get the fondant just right.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 22 May 2010 , 5:13am
post #4 of 4

I would try the paper towel before anything else, simplest and less possible damage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%