Bes Fondant From Dawn Foods...anyone Ever Use?

Decorating By kittyskakes Updated 21 May 2010 , 11:47pm by Kiddiekakes

kittyskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kittyskakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 8

I am new to using fondant and trying to find one that not only tastes good but is a good price. I see a lot of people use Satin Ice. I have a bakery wholesaler about 15 minutes away from my house and they have 50# of Bes-Fond Fondunt from Dawn Foods for $35.50. I wanted to see if anyone has ever used this and if so what does it taste like/how is it to use?

Thank you SOOO much in advance!

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 May 2010 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 8

I get a lot of my supplies from Dawn. My rep said that wasn't rolled fondant. It's more like poured fondant or fondant for candy, I can't remember which.

kittyskakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 8

Ok thanks much. I know the order for says it comes in a box so not sure lol. I never worked with poured fondant.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 May 2010 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 8

hmmm, maybe you should call them and ask specifically if it's *rolled* fondant. It would be a great price if it is!!

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 21 May 2010 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 8

I agree with leah_s, I don't think that is rolled fondant. The fondant I just got from Dawn has "Decorice (White Sugar Paste)" on the label. It's in a 5 kg (11 lb) pail.

kittyskakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 8

Yeah I'll have to give them a call on Monday. I also thought what a great price especially if it tastes good. How was the fondant you got from Dawn? Did it taste good?

WelshCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WelshCakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 11:34pm
post #7 of 8

Make your own MMF (Marshmallow Fondant)! It tastes better and costs WAY less! Just look up MMF in the recipes search. So good!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 11:47pm
post #8 of 8

I use the Dawn white Decorrice (Fondant)all the time and it smells and tastes like cotton candy.Very nice to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%