Gluing Down Cupcakes In 4X4 Boxes

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 25 May 2010 , 1:16pm by KHalstead

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 23

So I got a big order for wedding cupcakes and the bride wants to give these away as favors.What do I use to keep the cupcake from shifting in the box.Theses are the clear acrylic boxes so an insert can't be used but I don't want the cupcake to shift or fall over in the box.

any ideas?

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

22 replies
metria Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 23

strip of double-sided tape on the bottom of the cuppie?

metria Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 23

umm... but i'm not sure how that will effect the cuppie removal process...

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 23

Good idea but I think the cupcakes would rip and then fall apart....

JustABite Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 23

How about a dab of buttercream?

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 23

I thought of that also but I'm afraid the cupcake may tip or shift if it gets too soft.

cricket0616 Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 23

a dab of royal icing?

JustABite Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:32pm
post #8 of 23

I really though you must have though of that. You seem to be very experinced.

Well.... how about royal icing? Might be worth a trial run if you have time.

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:36pm
post #9 of 23

Just a bite....WTH ...I'm not sure how to take that comment icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif ...Yes I am experienced but I wanted to get other peoples views also as I have rarely used these boxes.

metria Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:36pm
post #10 of 23

maybe like khalstead's cupcake bouquets ... maybe glue a toothpick (cut in half) to the bottom and skewer the cupcake?

leah_s Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:41pm
post #11 of 23

glue dots from the scrapbooking section of the craft store. Thin, double sided sticky.

vita752001 Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:43pm
post #12 of 23

To prevent the cupcake from sliding, you can use double tape or nontoxic glue between the paper cake base and the container base. Glue Dots Brand work really well, you can apply and remove it easily without tearing the paper cup, you can find glue dots in any craft store

Toptier Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:53pm
post #13 of 23

a flat-headed tack, threaded up from the bottom side, with a clear piece of tape to seal it.

Let us know what works best!

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:53pm
post #14 of 23

Thanks Leah_S and vita752001..That really helps..I'll look for some glue dots at the scrapbook store! I just wanted them to look professional and not falling all inside the box.Now...which is an easier way to put them in?? Two hands and sort of drop them in or make the box up around each cupcake?

Thanks Everyone!

cakecraft Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:54pm
post #15 of 23

Glue dots for sure. I just made sunflower cupcakes to bring to work and they stayed put, but were easily removed with just a slight tug. No cupcake casualties!

adven68 Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:33am
post #16 of 23

I order the clear boxes in 3x3x4 or 3x3x3....fits a cupcake in a "wrapture" style holder perfectly! no sliding and they are so pretty.
You can get the boxes and the wrappers wholesale with an account from Paper Orchid....if you do not have an EIN or resale #, then you can get the boxes from Papermart....but the ones from Paper Orchid are extremely easy to put together.....Papermart's are beautiful, but harder to put together.

adven68 Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:40am
post #17 of 23

Heres a very bad photo of a very cute cupcake...they really do look great in person....the sides of the wrapper touch the box and the cupcake is secure...

this one is the 3x3x3.....My personal opinion is that the 3x3x4 look even better
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:45am
post #18 of 23

Thanks Adven68..I like that look also...Those are too cute..I have to find out if she wants a sticker on it also...

JustABite Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:16pm
post #19 of 23

Sorry Kiddiekakes!

I truley ment no disrespect. I was meaning that me as a newbie did not think it was an original idea. I really thought by reading your posts, that maybe you were not putting the cupcakes in a wrapper.

Best of luck to you and I will stick to just reading to improve my skills.

Kiddiekakes Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:22pm
post #20 of 23

Just a Bite....I'm sorry also...I didn't mean to be so standoffish...There has been so many mean comments on here in the last few months I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not.Don't stop posting...Everyone here is so willing to help and that includes me also.... thumbs_up.gif

I am a newbie when it comes to these favor thingys as I usually just do cakes.. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif I don't want to have the cupcakes flip inside or something so I am hoping to get tips from those who have tried them... thumbs_up.gif

Thanks to everyone for your insight!!

KHalstead Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:40pm
post #21 of 23

definitely try the scrapbookng glue dots, they hold beautifully!!!!!

Kiddiekakes Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:48pm
post #22 of 23

Khalstead...Does Michael's sell the dots?

KHalstead Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:16pm
post #23 of 23

yep!!! You can also get them at wal-mart, AC Moore, Joanns..you name it!

Anywhere you can find even 1 aisle of scrapbooking stuff they usually have them.

The thing I like about them is they're stretchy too, I use them to adhere ribbons around my cupcakes stands/cake boards too. You can put part of the dot down and then pull the other side and stretch it nice and thin, but yet they're so sticky that even thinned out they hold nicely, but still able to remove the cupcakes without too much trouble (and for ribbons, they're reuseable!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%