First Castle, Silly Mistake! Ideas?

Decorating By katies_cakes Updated 21 May 2010 , 8:33pm by Jaimelt76

katies_cakes Posted 21 May 2010 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 3

I have my first castle to make and iv already made all the turrets so they can dry, hollow cylindes made with fondant and tylo in varying sizes. i planned to use ice cream cones on the tops and mould petal like shapes to overlap around the cone. my problem is that all but 1turrets are far to wide for the cones! and the 1 that isnt looks awful as its a short turret and the cone is 5x the height of it! what can i do to save this? TIA

2 replies
KHalstead Posted 21 May 2010 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 3

For the ones that are too big for the cone, can you build up some fondant around the part of the cone that attaches to the tower so that it fits? Then you can build up the surface of the cone by adding more fondant layers to it, to make it appear larger and more in scale to the towers.

As for the short one, stick it on an upper tier of the cake.......otherwise as a last ditch effor cover a paper towel tube in fondant and use that in its place!

Jaimelt76 Posted 21 May 2010 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 3

You could make cones out of posterboard and cover them in fondant to dry. This way you can make the cones to the size you need. I have done this and it saved me when I cones would not fit on mine. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%